Sunday, December 30, 2012

Journalism at the Holidays

[Warning-this post has  a LOT of pictures.]

You may not know it, but I'm in Journalism II this year. I'm a writer for the news section of the Arrowhead. The J-room is all decked out for the holidays-lights around the windows, garlands (hung by me), and even a fake Christmas tree! Our Christmas party was on Thursday, December 20, 2012. We had a Secret Santa gift exchange. I bought nail polish and candy for my Secret Santa recipient, two of the three items on her list. I received chocolate from my Secret Santa. :3

The nail polish for my Secret Santa recipient.
Not too shabby for a non-fashionable person, eh?

Can you guess what this is?

An ornament!

Following are pictures of the Jroom :) Enjoy a slice of my life at school!

My cubby, complete with pictures of things I love.






The bulletin board was my handiwork. :)

Following are pictures of the party, with our advisor, all current staff, and a few alums. Sorry for the blurriness, I was standing on chairs and tables to see! We were all in the teeny tiny Jroom, but some migrated over to our advisor's adjacent room after getting food! It was a madhouse. And yes, like any good journalist, I did get permission to put these pictures up. :)







Finally, a picture of our wonderful advisor. Each staffer pitched in $2 to buy her a coffee mug and a red coffee maker. Here she is, delighted as can be!

Our lovely advisor. :)

This post was longer than even I expected. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment