Monday, October 29, 2012

Jack O'Lanterns

Today I spent the better part of my day carving a pumpkin. I decided what it would be about a month ago: Ray Bradbury, one of the best sci-fi authors in history, and also one of my favorites. He died recently, so this pumpkin is sort of a tribute. I think I may be the first person in history to make a Ray Bradbury pumpkin. Here's the process:

Picture from The New York Times.

I based the template off the picture.
Needless to say, I couldn't find one online.

I thought a dotted Ray Bradbury was neat,
but the picture didn't come out very good.

Finished! It looks a bit better in person.

"Rest In Peace"
"1920-2012"

I don't think many recently deceased 91-year-old men have 15-year-old girls making pumpkins in their appearance.

Mr. Bradbury, if you're looking down from Mars or wherever sci-fi writers go when they die, this is my  tribute to you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment